The information you provide in this application is important. It will be a key factor on which a decision is made on whether to award you a Continuity grant. You may wish to seek professional advice and support in preparing your responses.
Your answer to each question can be up to 800 words long. Do not include any website addresses (URLs) in your answers.
1.Your Continuity grant request:
What is the minimum viable amount that you need to continue your project during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Detail the specific costs that remain for your live project and that are not already covered through your existing Innovate UK award.
You can also detail further reasonable costs arising from an increase in the cost of delivering your R&D activity as a result of COVID-19. You should be able to evidence that these costs are not already covered by other government support.
We may ask you for further evidence if your application is successful.
(max 800 words):
2.About your organisation:
Please describe your organisation, its core product offering and its value proposition (max 800 words)
You must state in your answer:
- how this funding will ensure that your portion of the project will be able to be completed
- how you will manage the staff needed to continue this project (including returning staff from furlough)
Using the attached template you must tell us about any other awards you have received under the temporary COVID-19 framework. The maximum amount of cumulative aid you can claim under the temporary framework is €800,000. You must also evidence that you were not an undertaking in difficulty as of 31 December 2019.
Please download the declaration provided, complete and sign this and re-upload it as an appendix to this question.
You can submit your declaration as one PDF appendix.
4.Your management team:
Who is the management team leading your organisation, what experience do they have and what is the management structure for your business? Describe (max 800 words):
- the roles, skills and relevant experience of all members of the management team and any aspects of the project (including both R&D and commercialisation) they will be working with
- the organisation structure of at least the top level management team.
- the experience of each individual
What is your current business plan and how has it been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic? Describe how you will respond to this challenge. Describe (max 800 words):
- your business model, showing how you create, deliver and capture value, and how this might change with the success of this project
- your approach to managing the most innovative aspects of the business
- how this project could impact the business through success or failure
- any other products, processes or services that have previously been brought to market in the last 3 years
- key equipment and staff that are crucial to deliver the business model
- the financial situation of the business
- how the business aims to attract and retain customers
What is the financial situation for the business and why do you need public funding in response to question 5? Describe or explain (max 800 words):
- the current financial situation of your business, including cash availability and needs for the next 12 months
- how you are going to fund any additional project costs which are not covered by your existing grant funding and this continuity grant
- what future financial commitments the business will have and how these will be managed
- why you are not able to fund the project from your own resources or other forms of private-sector funding, including government-supported schemes such as the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) or the Future Fund
7.Key growth challenges
What are the most important risks to your business or the challenges to your growth and how do you plan to mitigate these risks or challenges? Describe (max 800 words):
- the main risks and uncertainties, including the technical, commercial, financial, regulatory, managerial and environmental risks for the business
- how these risks will be mitigated
- what significant milestones and associated risks that the business faces across the expected duration of the funding
- your confidence in other project partners and in your supply chain.