Your answers to these questions will be evaluated by experts to determine if they can offer any approaches to solving your problem.
Your answer to questions 1 to 3 can be up to 400 words long. Your answer to question 4 can be up to 50 words long.
Question 1: problem
What is the measurement or analysis problem that you need to solve?
- what the core of the problem is
- what your major challenges are in understanding this problem
- any important aspects of the problem that you were unable to show in the video submission
Question 2: previous attempts to solve the problem
What methods or techniques have you previously tried to solve the problem?
Describe or explain:
- what you did to understand or address the problem
- what success or otherwise you had when trying to address the problem
Question 3: value to your business of solving the problem
What difference will it make to your business if you can solve this problem?
Describe or explain:
- what you estimate the value of the benefit to be (in £) if this problem is solved
- how you arrived at this estimate
- what components contribute to this benefit estimate in terms of productivity and competitiveness gains, such as savings in waste, higher quality products or services, or increased sales or market share
We want to balance helping the most businesses with making the most impact with the money available. Assessors are looking for realistic values here, not necessarily the biggest numbers.
Question 4: link and password to access your video
Please carefully paste in the URL of the Vimeo video you have made to describe or show your problem. Carefully type the password required to access the video (specifying case-sensitive characters accurately).
- can be up to 3 minutes long
- must be uploaded to Vimeo before the close deadline of this EoI competition
- should ideally be on a password-protected page
- must be in one of the formats permitted by Vimeo
- need not be a high quality, costly production, but must help the expert assessors see whether they can offer a solution to your problem
- will be considered together with the answer you give to question 1, so if there are things you want to keep confidential, instead include them in your answer there
Make sure your video is accessible (with the specified credentials) and playable before you complete your submission. If it is not, it will not be used in the assessment of your application.