Your answers to questions 2 to 6 will be evaluated by expert scientists to determine if they can offer any approaches to solving your problem.
Your answers to questions 3 to 5 can be up to 400 words long. Your answer to question 6 can be up to 50 words long.
Do not include any website addresses (URLs) in your answers for questions 1 to 5. Your answer to question 6 must only include the link to your video.
Question 1. Applicant location (not evaluated)
You must state the name and full registered address of your organisation and any subcontractors. We are collecting this information to understand the geographical location of all applicants.
Question 2: Problem scope
You must select if your problem is related to an existing product or service currently available to customers:
- Existing product
- Existing service
- Not yet available
Question 3: Problem
What is the measurement or analysis problem that you need to solve?
You must summarise:
- what the core of the problem is as described in your video submission
- what your major challenges are in understanding this problem
- any important aspects of the problem that you were unable to show in the video submission
Question 4: Previous attempts to solve the problem
What methods or techniques have you previously tried to solve the problem?
- what you did to understand or address the problem
- what success or otherwise you had when trying to address the problem
Question 5: Value to your business of solving the problem
What difference will it make to your business if you can solve this problem?
- what you estimate the value of the benefit to be (in £) if this problem is solved
- how you arrived at this estimate
- what components contribute to this benefit estimate in terms of productivity and competitiveness gains, such as savings in waste, higher quality products or services, or increased sales or market share
We want to balance helping the most businesses with making the most impact with the money available. Assessors are looking for realistic values here, not necessarily the biggest numbers.
Question 6: Video link
Your video must describe or show the problem you are looking to solve.
It must be no longer than 2 minutes. If your video is over 2 minutes long, only the first 2 minutes will be used to assess your application.
Your video must be hosted on Innovate UK A4I video platform.
If we cannot view your video your application will be made ineligible. The video must remain available until 30 September 2022.
After you have recorded your video, it takes on average 30 minutes for your video to process and produce a URL. You must make sure that you leave enough time for this process prior to the submission deadline.
If you experience any issues whilst using either platform you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 working days before the competition closes for advice.